Today, there has been various crimes around the Triangle, including damage and theft from a car in Catherine Grove and an attempted house break-in, again in Catherine Grove.
During the last few days there has been a rapid increase in the theft from cars, particularly Ashburnham Place and the theft of a motor vehicle has also been reported.
I cannot emphasise the importance that you action all security advice offered over the last few weeks.
- Don't leave anything on show in your vehicle - cars have been broken into for as little as 50p.
- For keyless cars, don't leave your car key fob near the front door or window. For added security put your keys in a metal tin or signal blocking pouch.
- Make sure all windows and doors have sufficient locks.
- Make your property visible from the pavement - cut back tall hedges.
- Install security lighting - the darker and more concealed your property is the more of a target you will be.