The Greenwich West Safer Neighbourhoods Panel met in person on Thursday 4th November. Below is a summary of that meeting: Within the Triangle
Greenwich Town centre
- Car crime - thefts of motor vehicles- cars and motorbikes. Ensure cars are securely locked and nothing of value is left in them.
- Burglaries are down.
- North Pole - police aware of parking issues.
- Some non-residential burglaries in town centre, some robberies and thefts from out houses.
- Lebanese loops on ATM in Crescent Arcade (card details are copied). Residents advised to use cash points inside banks.
- Creek Road- bicycle thefts- be aware
- The Point- anti-social behaviour- police aware
Moving towards Winter and Christmas
If you are away - think about leaving lights etc on timers and ask neighbours to check that your letterbox doesn’t overfill etc.
Consider your walking/travel routes as the nights have drawn in.
Parcels in the run up to Christmas- please consider taking parcels in for neighbours if they are out or getting them delivered to local shops- which most big delivery companies do offer. Delivery companies have also been spoken to about delivering to people and not leaving them outside.
ATA Security / Police Liaison
Emergency dial 999
Non-Emergency dial 101
Greenwich Safer Neighbourhood Team: 020 8284 5494 (not 24 hour)