The Greenwich West Safer Neighbourhoods Panel met in person on Thursday 7th July. Below is a summary of that meeting.
Within the Triangle
Motor vehicle crime
There has been an increase in the theft of vehicles in the past two months and theft from vehicles. Prevention is key. Robberies are brazen and not necessarily always in the middle of the night.
- Think about where your keys are kept. For keyless cars, consider a Faraday pouch (keeping keys in the microwave will do the same job)
- Visible deterrents better than nothing – cars are stolen to order or high-end cars are targeted
- Thieves are more likely to steal cars which do not have deterrents.
- Videos of individuals trying car doors etc are not always identifiable, but the more information the police have the better and they may be able to identify specific clothing or look for patterns of crime.
- It may be a good idea to keep glove compartment open to show it is empty, stickers are available from Amazon to say nothing of value is left in the car
Mainly from outhouses and cycles. Please ensure these are secured properly.
Greenwich Town centre
Robberies from person – town centre and Creek Road
Snatches by individuals on bikes continue, so please be aware of phone use in these areas.
Bike thieves continue to operate.
Continued reported case of anti-social behaviour at The Point. Police and the Council are aware and are patrolling.
Please note that no BBQs are permitted at The Point as there is a significant fire risk.
New Sgt Lauren Wallace is starting soon. She is responsible for three wards. Working on our ward we have two dedicated officers, a dedicated PCSO, and other officers can be drafted in to support. Please be aware that police are about, but not always uniformed. They do do plain clothes surveillance.
We hope to have a member of the Safer Neighbourhood Team at the Ashburnham Triangle Street Party on September 17th.
Claire, ATA Security / Police Liaison
Emergency dial 999
Non-Emergency dial 101
Greenwich Safer Neighbourhood Team: 020 8284 5494 (not 24 hour)