Over the next week you will see a new security sign displayed throughout the Triangle. These signs have been made to try and deter the increase in crime. HOWEVER, these new signs will only work if we, as residents, all work together.
ENSURE YOUR PROPERTY IS FULLY PROTECTED TO THE HIGHEST STANDARD
- fit window locks - especially basement sash windows
- double lock your front door at night and when you leave the property
- cut down all those high bushes/trees so your property is visible
- don’t leave keys near your front door or window especially car keys. Keyless car crime is particularly high. Criminals scout the area for high spec vehicles. Keep your keys in a metal tin or a Faraday pouch so the key signal cannot be tampered with from outside on a remote terminal.
- don’t ignore your neighbours house or car alarm if it goes off
- if someone looks suspicious, report it. If you see someone tampering with a car/bike or acting suspicious outside a house call 999.
BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY
I’m requesting for more volunteers to join our expanding security representative team. With more reps we can keep a proper lookout around the Triangle. We currently have reps in:
- Ashburnham Place
- Ashburnham Grove
- Devonshire Drive Plymouth House
- Devonshire Drive Barnstaple House
- Egerton Drive
- Blackheath Road
We just need you to keep watch on your particular road or block of flats. You don’t need to be at home all the time to join this team. Our aim is to have a rep on every road and block of flats within the Triangle. Can you help? For more details please email: email@example.com