Click here for all Security posts
West Greenwich has one of the lower burglary rates in the Borough and there is a low rate of street robbery; the area also has a high detection rate for burglary in London.
As well as ensuring doors are double locked (including the use of a mortice lock – see crime prevention tips) at night and when you are out, you also advised to make patio and sash windows, sheds and outhouses secure at all times.
There has been a recent increase in acquisition crime such as handbag snatching and pick pocketing, the theft of pedacycles and electrical items (iPhones etc.); underlining the need to protect your property and possessions and to use decent cycle locks.
If you do become a victim of crime or witness a crime and want to report it to the Police, you can do so in a number of ways:
- Dial 999 in an EMERGENCY, 24 hours a day, where life or property are in danger, a crime is being committed or the suspect is nearby and the police are required immediately.
- Dial 101 (calls are charged at a local rate) to contact the general West Greenwich Police Station number or the Metropolitan Police when not an emergency.
- Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, for reporting crime anonymously.
- West Greenwich Safer Neighbourhood Police team, Greenwich Police Station, Burney Street, Greenwich, SE10 8RR on 020 8649 3536 or 020 8284 5494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report crime, anti social behaviour or ongoing problems.
- See the websites for local information on crime issues and incidents http://maps.met.police.uk/ http://www.police.uk/
- British Transport Police (BTP) is the national police force for the railways 0800 40 50 40, non emergency general enquiries 0300 123 2211.
- Alert other Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinators in the Triangle via the Security Hub’s email email@example.com
- Greenwich Borough Neighbourhood Watch Association
- Anti-social Behaviour Team, Greenwich Council, Contact Centre, 020 8921 4411, firstname.lastname@example.org ASB Team, Safer Communities, Woolwich Centre, Wellington Street, SE18 6HQ to report incidents of anti-social behaviour.
- Victim Support, 0845 30 30 900, 0845 450 3936 (the witness service), www.victimsupport.org.uk/contact london support for victims of crime.
Post a Comment