The Greenwich West Safer Neighbourhoods Panel met on Zoom on Tuesday 6th July. Below is a summary of that meeting:
Within the Triangle
- Cowan House- neighbour disputes, Optivo housing is dealing with this.
- Drug dealing has been reported from Merriweather Place. Police are monitoring.
- Burglaries and motor vehicle theft down, but police will be doing plain-clothed patrols.
- Issues with an address on Blackheath Road. Please report any issues to police.
Greenwich Town centre
- Mobile phone theft, robberies, pickpocketing still happening around Cutty Sark Gardens/New Capital Quay (outside Waitrose)/Riverside/Creek Road – please be aware of your surroundings and when using phone.
- Large gatherings around Cutty Sark gardens have been happening at weekends. These have turned unsavoury at times so please be careful if in the vicinity if they happen again.
Other local areas
- Anti Social Behaviour including drugs reported on The Point. Please continue to report to police if witnessed.
- Residents have reported issues with people using drugs on the streets in the Ashburnham Triangle. Please report this to 101 immediately or online. If police cannot attend immediately, the time and details etc will be passed to the Safer Neighbourhood Team who will have a picture of what is going on and will be able to support. If you see this happening regularly please also forward any details on to via email directly to the SNT using firstname.lastname@example.org
ATA Security / Police Liaison
Emergency dial 999
Non Emergency dial 101
Greenwich Safer Neighbourhood Team: 020 8284 5494 (not 24 hour)
I was at the cutty sark tonight taking pics of the sunset when I. heard a shout & a man was being punched to the floor & just laid there & was punched a couple of times more in his face .it was sickening.He managed to get up & get away but was followed by the two youths.they followed him to m&s but he managed to get home. They didn't leave the scene until they heard the police sirens.there needs to be a visibleReplyDelete
Police presence, at the cutty sark. this was 8pm & a lovely sunny evening. Its being ruined for everyone around that area. Cleo lear