The Greenwich West Safer Neighbourhoods Panel met by conference call on Tuesday 3rd November. Below is a summary of that meeting:
Within the Triangle
- Drug dealing in Plymouth House and Barnstaple House – new locks have been put in which have prevented suspects entering so situation has improved, but area continues to be patrolled.
- Thefts of parcels from communal areas of flats have been reported. Officer has contacted all delivery companies to remind of responsible delivery.
- Vehicle crime continues in the Triangle particularly theft from vehicles. Various CCTV has captured individuals prowling the Triangle trying all car doors to gain access, usually between 1-3am. If you do actually see this happening please call 999 immediately. Please continue to ensure that you leave nothing of value your car and ensure that it is locked securely.
The North Pole
- There was an incident at North Pole at approx 10pm on the evening before second lockdown (November 4th). The incident is being investigated by CID and the Licensing Team. If you have any CCTV footage or information that you think would be relevant, please send this on to the police.
Greenwich Town centre
- Social distancing concerns – please remember distancing rules when in the more congested town centre. Police have been actively reminding residents and visitors. This is particularly relevant during the period of the second lockdown.
- In recent months there has been a large number of bicycle thefts from streets and outhouses, as reported in the last Safer Neighbourhood panel meeting. Three arrests have been made and, since then, the situation has improved. Please however ensure that bicycles are kept in secure locations and use good quality locks.
- Anti social behaviour (ASB) on The Point has been less of an issue due to wet weather. However, the police continuously patrol and have carried out frequent stop and searches. They will continue to monitor the area.
- In addition, the theft of vegetable boxes has been reported locally. Please try to move these inside as soon as possible.
Claire ATA Security / Police Liaison
Emergency dial 999
Non-Emergency dial 101
Greenwich Safer Neighbourhood Team: 020 8284 5494 (not 24 hour)